EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Timestamp request signing

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 09/17/2015 14:09:02
by Piotr Koronka (Standard support level)

Hi,

Will the timestamp request be signed with myCertificate with following code? Or should I assign the same cert storage to TSPClient using TSPClient.CertStorage?

Code
TElMemoryCertStorage certStorage = new TElMemoryCertStorage();
TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler publicKeyHandler = new TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler();
certStorage.Add(myCertificate, true);
publicKeyHandler.CertStorage = certStorage;
TElHTTPTSPClient TSPClient = new TElHTTPTSPClient();
TElHTTPSClient HTTPClient = new TElHTTPSClient();

TSPClient.HTTPClient = HTTPClient;
TSPClient.HashAlgorithm = SBConstants.Unit.SB_ALGORITHM_DGST_SHA1;
TSPClient.URL = timestampServerURL;

publicKeyHandler.TSPClient = TSPClient;
Posted: 09/17/2015 14:14:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The timestamp is signed by the TSP server using its own certificate, issued specifically for timestamping purposes. The TSP server "certifies" that the signature was presented at the time, which TSP server has put to the timestamp data being signed.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/17/2015 14:19:48

Yes, I know that response is signed by the server. I was asking for signing a request with my own certificate.
Posted: 09/17/2015 14:38:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I apologize for my misunderstanding of your question.

The request is signed only when RequestFormat is tsfCMS (RFC3161 format doesn't expect the requests to be signed).

So, when RequestFormat is tsfCMS, the request is signed using the certificates specified in CertStorage property of the TSP client.

Now, TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler does not set CertStorage property of the TSPClient, so you need to do this yourself.

So, the answer to your "Or should I assign the same cert storage to TSPClient using TSPClient.CertStorage? " question is positive, you need to assign the storage yourself.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/17/2015 14:42:48

Thank you very much.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2436 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!