EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Send mail sample

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 09/14/2015 06:10:33
by Vicente Rosell Roig (Standard support level)

Hi!

We've a MailBlackBox for Delphi 7, now we use another components for sending mails with attachment. But for send by Google, this components are poor. We want to use MailBlackBox, but, we would like to have an example of mailing to be possible with an attachment. We know the problem with Google protocols and also ask if you can use a "shipping type" standard serving for different servers, as Google, Yahoo, Outlook, etc ... Or how to implement if there are different shipping rates.

Thanks so much for the help. A greeting
Posted: 09/14/2015 06:20:24
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

The sample shipped with SecureBlackbox already shows how to send e-mails with attachments. You can find it in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.VCL\Samples\Delphi\MailBlackbox\SMTPClient folder.

We know the problem with Google protocols and also ask if you can use a "shipping type" standard serving for different servers, as Google, Yahoo, Outlook, etc ... Or how to implement if there are different shipping rates.

Could you clarify what do you mean by "shipping type" and "shipping rates". A link to some standard or document will help a lot.
Posted: 09/14/2015 08:00:03
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Regarding Outlook, Yahoo and most other servers - you don't need any special setup of the component besides choosing the port number and the corresponding TLS mode. The port number is set via Port property. The TLS mode is set via SSLMode property. There's a dependency between the port number and the mode:

Port = 25 -> SSLMode = smExplicit
Port = 465 -> SSLMode = smImplicit (NOT recommended)
Port = 587 -> SSLMode = smExplicit

For details about different ports please read here: http://blog.mailgun.com/25-465-587-wh...uld-i-use/

Now about Google. Last year they introduced a requirement that a client connecting to their servers supports OAuth authentication. The non-sense of this decision was discussed in details by me in my personal blog ( http://mayevski.blogspot.com/2015/08/...right.html ), so I won't duplicate that post here. I will just say that SecureBlackbox supports OAuth authentication in SMTP, but it's not a trivial task to use OAuth in your desktop application (and almost impossible to use it in a service application).

I have attached a draft of the how-to on enabling OAuth in SMTP. We will publish it soon, once it is reviewed and formatted to HTML.

A workaround to using OAuth is described on https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2684 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!