EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

.msg files (Outlook)

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 09/07/2015 02:40:12
by Klemen Novak (Standard support level)

Does SecureBlackbox support validation of signatures in .msg files from Outlook?
Posted: 09/07/2015 02:54:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We don't have a parser for Outlook .msg files.

We can discuss development of such parser as a custom paid service. Or you can add the idea to the WishList and if it becomes popular, we'll implement it in future.

In general creating of the parser should not be hard as we have a parser for Compound File Format in SecureBlackbox.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/07/2015 03:10:00
by Toni Santa (Standard support level)

Hi,
I'm using a MAPI-component (EasyMapi from Rapware) to handle the Outlook-msg which has one attachment that contains the signed message. This attachment is a regular multipart-signed eml-stream. So it can be handled with SecureBlackbox-components.
Best regards
Toni
Posted: 09/07/2015 08:07:54
by Klemen Novak (Standard support level)

I've managed to extract the attachment usign another component and parse it into TElMessage. Are there any how-to articles on validating S/MIME files with SecureBlackbox? I've checked the documentation, but couldn't find any there.

I've also checked the SecureMail demo project, which contains some code for validation, but it always fails on this check in SMimeVerify method:
Code
if ((Msg.MainPart == null) ||
               (Msg.MainPart.MessagePartHandler == null) ||
               (Msg.MainPart.IsActivatedMessagePartHandler))
            {
               Stream.Close();
               return "Mesage not encoded. No action done.";
            }

Both Outlook and Firefox display the signature correctly, so I'm confident there's nothing wrong with eml file.
Posted: 09/07/2015 08:19:11
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Let's continue in our Helpdesk. I've created a ticket for you. You should get a notification from the Helpdesk. Please reply there.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 03/08/2016 00:53:16
by Lawrence Hughes (Standard support level)

Hi,

I'm trying to decrypt an SMIME message and facing issue similar to the issue above.
On parseMessage, the validation fails at the below check.It is failing exactly at MessagePartHandler == null check. May I know what is missed please?
Check:
{
Stream.Close();
}
Posted: 03/08/2016 03:35:49
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Lawrence Hughes wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to decrypt an SMIME message and facing issue similar to the issue above.
On parseMessage, the validation fails at the below check.It is failing exactly at MessagePartHandler == null check. May I know what is missed please?
Check:
{
Stream.Close();
}

I welcome you to continue the conversation in the Helpdesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ). I've already created a ticket for you.

Helpdesk is our easy-to-use individual support system that allows communicating and exchanging sample data with our support personnel privately. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates of your support request.
Posted: 03/08/2016 05:32:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The problem here is that there's no initialization performed. One needs to ensure that there are calls to
Code
SBMIMEUnit.Unit.Initialize();
SBSMIMECore.Unit.Initialize();

made before you use SMIME.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3815 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!