EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

WebDavClient.ReadProperties gives no results

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 09/02/2015 20:18:13
by Keith Yates (Basic support level)

I've tried modifying the sample code to test out WebDAV and neither of these calls:

Code
                    TElWebDavPropertyInfoList propertyInfoList = new TElWebDavPropertyInfoList();
                    WebDavClient.ReadProperties(ObjList[i], propertyInfoList);
                    WebDavClient.ReadProperties(ObjList[i].FullURL, propertyInfoList);

Added that into the List command in the sample but propertyInfoList never contains anything after either call.

On a related note (which is what I'm actually trying to do) how do I fetch a single TElWebDAVStorageObject given a url?
Posted: 09/03/2015 03:15:39
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You should choose what properties to retrieve before ReadProperties method is called. Here is the sample code:

Code
TElWebDavPropertyInfoList propertyInfoList = new TElWebDavPropertyInfoList();
propertyInfoList.Add(new TElWebDavPropertyInfo("DAV:", "displayname")); // properties to retrieve
propertyInfoList.Add(new TElWebDavPropertyInfo("DAV:", "getetag"));
WebDavClient.ReadProperties(ObjList[i], propertyInfoList);
string name = propertyInfoList.get_Item(0).Value; // values are initialized now
string etag = propertyInfoList.get_Item(1).Value;
Posted: 09/03/2015 14:57:13

Is it possible to replicate the 'allprops' request? So I can just get everything a potential server has.
Posted: 09/04/2015 03:15:17

Currently there is no such method. We'll add it to the next SecureBlackbox build.
Posted: 09/04/2015 14:43:55

Awesome, also if you could add a Get method that would take a remote url and return a single TElWebDAVStorageObject that'd help what my company is trying to do as well.
Posted: 09/15/2015 15:15:53

Or if there is a way to check whether a single object is a folder without requesting List from it's parent. I've tried getting resourcetype
Code
propertyInfoList.Add(new TElWebDavPropertyInfo("DAV:", "resourcetype"));

but this just returns a empty string even when it has the DAV:collection sub-property. Is there any other way to get that property?
Posted: 09/16/2015 03:43:23

Indeed there is a problem with this method in some cases. This problem is already removed in the latest source code for the 14th SecureBlackbox version. I'll port these changes to the 13th version and they will be included into the next build.
Posted: 09/21/2015 14:54:39

Awesome do you happen to have a estimated release date for the next build? My company is trying to make a decision in the next two weeks on this product.
Posted: 09/21/2015 15:02:34

New build is already on the site. You can download it here: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/download-release.php#product
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 3277 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!