EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Provided license key is invalid or is valid for version of SecureBlack

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 08/24/2015 19:16:50
by Bogdan C (Basic support level)

I developed an application using the SFTPBlackbox .Net evaluation version (version 12.0.278). It all worked fine. We purchased the license, I downloaded and installed the latest version ( from 'View my downloads' page on top of the trial version (I assumed the setup replaces the old version). I replaced the license key parameter of the SBUtils.Unit.SetLicenseKey call with the one from the Registration Key under My License Keys.

Now the SetLicenseKey call fails at runtime with:

SBUtils.EElLicenseError occurred
Message=Provided license key is invalid or is valid for version of SecureBlackbox, other than current one. Please check that the license key is pasted correctly and your license covers current SecureBlackbox version.
at SBUtils.__Global.SetLicenseKey(Byte[] Key)
at SBUtils.__Global.SetLicenseKey(String Key)
at SecureRunReport.MainForm.SetSecureBlackBoxLicense() in c:\projects\...\MainForm.cs:line 607

I am not sure why.

The only SecureBlackbox dlls referenced in the project are:

Any ideas on how to get this working?

Posted: 08/24/2015 19:30:59
by Bogdan C (Basic support level)

I removed the SecureBlackbox references and added them back and now it is working.
Posted: 08/25/2015 00:52:29
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Visual Studio makes a local copy of referenced assemblies, and it has cached old (version 12) assemblies this way. If you used the key for version 13, it didn't work with cached assembly. When you re-added the references, old assemblies in the local directory have been replaced with the new ones.

The installer doesn't remove old assemblies from the GAC and also it can't remove files in local directories of your projects. The installer only overrides the assemblies in the {SecureBlackbox}\Assembly\... directory.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2225 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!