EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error Use Storage with pteidpkcs11.dll

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 08/04/2015 07:48:29
by Fernando Caridade (Standard support level)

I have made the download vcl for D7 to evaluate it, but i have some dificultties when i select use storage. The smart card is de portuguese citizine smartcard.
I try with Tiny PDF Signer.

When the card is in the card reader after select de dll i receive the msg:

Error opening storage: C:\Windows\System32\pteidpkcs11.dll
Access violation at adress 10008785 in modulo pteidpkcs11.dll, read of address 00000028.
If i try again i see de form to select the slot, after select i receive the same msg. if I try with out the smartcard, after select the slot, and insert the smartcard i receive the same msg.

OS win8.1 64
CardReader AKasa

Best regards.
Posted: 08/04/2015 07:58:13
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

I welcome you to continue the conversation in the Helpdesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Helpdesk is our easy-to-use individual support system that allows communicating and exchanging sample data with our support personnel privately. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates of your support request.
Posted: 08/04/2015 08:04:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The most likely reason is that the DLL's authors didn't read the PKCS#11 standard attentively and didn't use packed (1-byte) structure alignment. This is a non-trivial problem which we plan to address in SecureBlackbox 14.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/04/2015 08:19:24
by Fernando Caridade (Standard support level)

When i use the system certificate storage it works OK.

Do you have a prevision to solve this problem?

there is a way to Workaround ?

Best Regards
Posted: 08/04/2015 08:54:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It works because when you use system certificate storage you don't use PKCS#11 (and the system doesn't do this either).

I recommend that you continue working on this with Vsevolod in HelpDesk where there's a support ticket opened for you.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 1839 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!