EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error Use Storage with pteidpkcs11.dll

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 08/04/2015 07:48:29
by Fernando Caridade (Standard support level)

I have made the download vcl for D7 to evaluate it, but i have some dificultties when i select use storage. The smart card is de portuguese citizine smartcard.
I try with Tiny PDF Signer.

When the card is in the card reader after select de dll i receive the msg:

Error opening storage: C:\Windows\System32\pteidpkcs11.dll
Access violation at adress 10008785 in modulo pteidpkcs11.dll, read of address 00000028.
If i try again i see de form to select the slot, after select i receive the same msg. if I try with out the smartcard, after select the slot, and insert the smartcard i receive the same msg.

OS win8.1 64
CardReader AKasa

Best regards.
Posted: 08/04/2015 07:58:13
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

I welcome you to continue the conversation in the Helpdesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Helpdesk is our easy-to-use individual support system that allows communicating and exchanging sample data with our support personnel privately. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates of your support request.
Posted: 08/04/2015 08:04:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The most likely reason is that the DLL's authors didn't read the PKCS#11 standard attentively and didn't use packed (1-byte) structure alignment. This is a non-trivial problem which we plan to address in SecureBlackbox 14.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/04/2015 08:19:24
by Fernando Caridade (Standard support level)

When i use the system certificate storage it works OK.

Do you have a prevision to solve this problem?

there is a way to Workaround ?

Best Regards
Posted: 08/04/2015 08:54:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It works because when you use system certificate storage you don't use PKCS#11 (and the system doesn't do this either).

I recommend that you continue working on this with Vsevolod in HelpDesk where there's a support ticket opened for you.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 1836 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!