EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Memory leak introduced in 13.0.276

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 07/28/2015 07:37:51
by Birger Jansen (Standard support level)

I found some memory leaks in the latest release, unit SBSSLCommon:

(1)
TElCertificateStatusSSLExtension.Destroy calls Clear before freeing FOCSPStatusRequestList. However the Clear method already adds one item in this list. This item is not freed in the destructor.

I changed TElCertificateStatusSSLExtension.Destroy ant that fixes this memory :leak

Code
destructor  TElCertificateStatusSSLExtension.Destroy;
var
  I: Integer;
begin
  Clear;
  for I := 0 to FOCSPStatusRequestList.Count - 1 do
    TElSSLOCSPStatusRequest(FOCSPStatusRequestList[I]). Free ;
  FreeAndNil(FOCSPStatusRequestList);
  FreeAndNil(FOCSPResponseList);
  inherited;
end;

(2)
Also there is a singleton G_SSLMemoryManager created that is not freed, which can be done in the finalization of SBSSLCommon. Also the created items in SSLMemoryManager are not freed on destruction.

(3)
And finally: SSLMemoryManager creates a new TelSSLArrayInfo object for each TElSSLClient.Init (which happens with every request my client makes).
SSLMemoryManager has a relase method but that is never called. Therefor the SSLMemoryManager will keep creating items for each new SSLClientTEl.Init. I think it must be called in SBSSLClient.TelSSLClient.Destroy with SSLMemoryManager.ReleaseArray(FByteBuffer)
It is just a small amount of memory, but my client makes a lot of calls and then it adds up!

Can you verify these three observations?
Posted: 07/28/2015 08:24:23
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Birger,

Thank you very much for reporting the leaks. We can confirm that the leaks are there. We are working on fixing them.

Ken
Posted: 07/28/2015 10:26:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The first one has been fixed in build 277. The rest is not actually leaks.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/28/2015 10:30:21
by Birger Jansen (Standard support level)

But for case (3): for each request a new TelSSLArrayInfo instance is created, no matter what. That's a problem, right?
Posted: 07/28/2015 10:53:06
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am sorry, I've overlooked the third part. Yes, the cyclic one is a problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1538 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!