EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

LocalPortForwardDemo

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 06/24/2007 15:47:02
by Peter Back (Standard support level)

Hi! I wish to write a project based on the demo code you have written in LocalPortForwardDemo but have noticed that under moderate load, the demo crashes or hangs. The easiest way to reproduce this is to tunnel to a webserver and load a webpage with a style sheet attached (thus two connections get created very quickly). Put this webpage on 10 different tabs and say, "Reload all tabs" (under Firefox anyway).

I get a crash every time. I've been unable to determine the problem but I'm rubbish at debugging other people's code so I'm hoping you have an answer.

Yours,
Peter Back
Posted: 06/24/2007 15:58:57

Something I have just noticed is that if you let the webpage completely load, crashing doesn't seem to occur as often, but if you press refresh before the connection is closed, a crash can always be reproduced.
Posted: 06/24/2007 16:00:33
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your message.

SSH forwarding samples are... actually just samples, not intended for running in heavy environments. We suggest you to try simple forwarding samples (SBB\Samples\SSH\Client\SimplePortForwarding\), based on high-level easy-to-use forwarding classes. These classes were designed for using in real-world environments and are optimized for speed and memory usage.

We will also review basic forwarding samples and try to improve them in order to prevent them from crashing and hanging.
Posted: 06/24/2007 16:15:44

Okay. Understood.

The problem with the SimplePortForwarding components is that I want to tunnel three ports (mysql, a webserver and a custom TCP application) through a single SSH connection. As far I can tell there is no way to do that with the simple components.
Posted: 06/25/2007 01:25:44
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, simple forwarding components allow to forward only one port through a single SSH connection. We will consider implementing support for forwarding several ports using one simple forwarding object.
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1810 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!