EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

LoadPublicKey returns Algorithm:65535 for ssh-rsa public key

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 06/29/2015 14:46:55
by karthik ravishankar (Basic support level)

When calling load public key to load the public key ,key doesn't get loaded and we get Algorithm:65535 which according to doc is unspecified algorithm.
But the algorithm used in the public key is rsa-ssh ,not sure what the problem is. Trying to connect to Sftp server using putty and the same public key we have no issues but using the load public key method in ELDOS TElSSHKey it fails.
Posted: 06/29/2015 14:48:25
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Have you set the license key for SecureBlackbox (by calling SetLicenseKey method) before loading the SSH key?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/29/2015 14:51:25
by karthik ravishankar (Basic support level)

yes we call SBUtils.__Global.SetLicenseKey,I would have to further clarify that I could make it work for other keys that use rsa-ssh,it's just a particular set of keys that fails with ELDOS. Thanks for the quick response.
Posted: 06/30/2015 00:29:38
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

EldoS is a company, it doesn't deal with keys.

As for your particular key -- as it is public, you can send it to us for checking. I have created a support ticket in our HelpDesk for you. You are welcome to post the key to the ticket. HelpDesk is confidential so the key won't be exposed to public.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 938 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!