EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SecureBlackbox Version 10.0.233.0 and Visual Studio 2013

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 06/28/2015 08:39:15
by Atef Shehata (Standard support level)

Hi,

I have a solution developed for Windows Phone 8 (Silverlight) and it uses SecureBlackbox Version 10.0.233.0. This solution can be compiled and deployed successfully using Visual Studio 2012

In the project I reference the following DLLs
SecureBlackbox.dll, SecureBlackbox.SSLClient.dll, SecureBlackbox.SSLCommon

Now, I have upgraded to Visual Studio 2013. The same project can be complied and deployed using VS 2013 , but when I try to run the compiled XAP on my device I got the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'SecureBlackbox, Version=10.0.233.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=56f660015fdbba89' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have checked the files inside the XAP, and they are exists. Also, I have used JetBrains dotPeek decompiler to make sure the app is correctly references the requested dll.

My solution has many third party dlls, this problem happens only with SecureBlackbox dlls.

Any help is appreciated
Regards,
Posted: 06/28/2015 09:15:53
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

We had several reports that Visual Studio 2013 deploys wrong assemblies to Windows Phone. You need to check your XAP file and ensure that the assemblies in it are the ones that we have in <SecureBlackbox>\Assemblies\WindowsPhone_75 and not their desktop counterparts taken from GAC.

Another reason is that assemblies for Windows Phone 7.5 and Windows Phone 8 are very different. It's possible that your whole project targets Windows Phone 8 now and SecureBlackbox assemblies are for WP7.5.

In later versions of SecureBlackbox we provide the separate sets of assemblies for WP8 and for WP8.1 .

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/28/2015 09:52:24

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, I'm sure that the app references the proper dlls. Also, I have uninstalled SecureBlackbox dlls from the GAC and included the required dlls within my project. Still the same error.

Regarding the separate sets of assemblies for Windows Phone 7.5, 8 and 8.1:

Yes, you are right, but in my case, the project targets WP8, and it uses SecureBlackbox dlls for Windows Phone 7.5. Both VS2012 and VS2013 opens the same project which target a single platform (WP8). When I run it using VS2012 it Works fine, switching to VS2013 it produces the error, switching back to VS2012 it runs fine!!

Do you know about any special requirements or any thing special regarding VS2013 with SecureBlackbox?

Regards,
Atef
Posted: 06/28/2015 12:04:16
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately we are not aware of any other issues besides what I've described.

I would recommend you to try SecureBlackbox 12 and its WP8 assemblies. You can install *only* WP8 assemblies on desktop (no desktop assemblies) to ensure that no wrong assemblies go to the XAP file, and use of WP8 assemblies will guarantee that there's no problem with older 7.5 target of SBB 10 assemblies.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/28/2015 14:58:59

OK, Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Atef
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1061 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!