EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Access Violation in TElZipStrongEncryptionDecryptingUnit.LoadHeaderBlo

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 06/15/2015 04:09:07
by Paolo Righi (Standard support level)

Dear Support,

I'm afraid I found out a new problem (and its solution) in latest SBB version 12.
When I read a certificate encrypted ZIP archive I get an Access Violation in TElZipStrongEncryptionDecryptingUnit.LoadHeaderBlock at line:
SBMove(Buffer, Index, FHeaderData, i, Sz);

exactly, the error arises in the instruction:
call @FinalizeArray at the end of the SBUtils.SBMove procedure.

I replaced the call to SBUtils.SBMove to a call to the (restored) procedure SBZipUtils.SBMove (which I renamed SBZipMove for convenience), as it was in version 7, and all go right.
Maybe the SBUtils.SBMove should have the const and var qualifier for src and dst Bytearray parameters?

Best Regards.

Paolo Righi.
Posted: 06/15/2015 04:17:35
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report. Given that this is not an issue for anyone else (and SBMove is used in much more places than one function), it seems that the issue is related to memory corruption, and it could happen anywhere (either in SecureBlackbox or in your project code).

I welcome you to continue the conversation in the Helpdesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ). Helpdesk is our easy-to-use ticketing system that allows communicating and exchanging sample data with our support personnel privately. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates of your support ticket.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/15/2015 04:41:15
by Paolo Righi (Standard support level)

Hi Eugene,

you are right, I'm sorry.
I'm trying to find the source of the memory corruption in my code.
Thank you, anyway.

Paolo Righi.

Topic viewed 432 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!