EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

X.509 .pfx file to new Openpgp Key ring

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 06/04/2015 14:03:01
by Nick Cerny (Basic support level)

Hello All,

I was wondering if it is possible to take a .pfx file, extract the public and private keys, and use those keys (once converted correctly) as new Openpgp keys in SecureBlackbox.

Our security team is requiring us to use .pfx files for decryption of PGP files. I know you cannot directly convert from X.509 to Openpgp, but have heard you can use the keys in the .pfx file to create new Openpgp keys.

Our application requires armored ASCII PGP keys for decrypting and encrypting, those keys are stored on a keyring so I cannot use the X.509 to decrypt and an extracted PGP public key to encrypt. I also need to send a third party a usable public key from the .pfx file.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 06/04/2015 14:16:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

In brief - yes, this is possible. There should be a method for this, if I remember correctly. I am on the road now and our developers will give you more details in the morning (it's evening in Europe already).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/05/2015 01:57:08
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

You can use TElPGPCustomSecretKey.ImportKeyMaterial method to import keys from certificates: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...erial.html

Required TElPublicKeyMaterial instance can be received using TElX509Certificate.KeyMaterial property: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...erial.html

Topic viewed 566 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!