EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Authenticode on CAB files

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 06/15/2007 07:10:13
by Santiago Castaño (Standard support level)

Is it possible to authenticode a CAB file?. I've tried it, but i'm getting error SB_AUTHENTICODE_ERROR_INVALID_EXECUTABLE as it seems to only work with EXE-files. Is it in your plans to get the CAB-sign working? or should i start looking into launching signcode.exe for signing cabs? :p

Posted: 06/15/2007 07:56:33
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Authenticode is not a documented file signing format, so it's not clear how CAB and other non-PE files must be signed. If you have such information, you are welcome to share it with us.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/15/2007 08:16:55

Well, I'll try it on the next week as i go now for weekend.

But Here's what i'll base my investigation:

I've took a look to that osslsigncode source code and think that it'll be easy at first look ;) (sure i'll be wrong with my estimations :p)

I'll be pleased to take a look at it and share the results...

Posted: 06/15/2007 09:44:34
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Well, MS CAB SDK doesn't specify any information regarding signing as well. And using the osssigncode code doesn't seem to be correct practics for me.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/17/2007 14:39:01

I've thought about it and yes, they're not good practics for us either. Also, the time we should spend on this thing is far from being acceptable having simply signcode from MS with a .bat file :p.

Thanks anyway and hope MS to be more transparent with their Authenticode process.
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Topic viewed 2038 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!