EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Version 13.0.271. Release Candidate 1 installer problem?

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 06/01/2015 05:14:13
by Birger Jansen (Standard support level)

I have a need for SAML so I downloaded and installed the 13.0.271 release candidate. After installation I openend up the SAMLClient example application. I cannot compile this project since the HTTPSClient does not have properties for
HTTPSClient.SAMLSettings.Enabled := true;
HTTPSClient.OnSAMLCredentialsChallenge := DoSAMLCredentialsChallenge;

All other HTTPSClient-code compiles just fine if I comment out these lines (52 and 53) in Unit1.pas.

I thought it might have something to do with older dcu's / bpl's still being around on my system, but after installing on a fresh system (No eldos components installed before) I get the same problem.

Are the correct dcu's shipped with the installer?
Posted: 06/01/2015 06:26:24
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for reporting the problem.

Indeed some units were not compiled because of missing define. We've already improved that. Only SAML support in TElHTTPSClient is missing - server side components are on their places.

We plan to release the next build in the middle of June.
Posted: 06/01/2015 06:45:25
by Birger Jansen (Standard support level)

Are you willing to provide (by exception ;-) ) the SBHTTPSClient.pas with the SAML code so that I can begin to develop and test?
I sort of need this functionality on a short term and my other option is to write my own implementation which will also take untill the middle of June...
Posted: 06/01/2015 08:17:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The .pas file won't help because even if you recompile it, other code, that depends on HTTPS Client, will fail.

Your implementation can take until the middle of the June'2016 I am afraid - SAML is both extensive and hard to debug.

We will try to make release candidate 2 of SBB 13 available on next Tuesday. Unfortunately it's not possible to build it earlier.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 297 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!