EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error opening storage

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 06/14/2007 04:14:04
by Tomasz Sawicki (Standard support level)

I just installed trial version of SecureBlackBox for .NET and I'm facing problems with accessing PKCS #11 device. I'm running sample application CryptoTokenDemo. When I try to open storage (that is PKCS #11 Library file) the error show saying:
"Error opening storage: ...
with additional message in Polish language which I would translate to:
"Failed to load DLL library 'SecureBlackbox_PKCS11Proxy': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"

I'm sure that the library I choose is a PKCS #11 library (Oberthur Card Systems Pkcs#11 library) - it works with another software. The same problem occurs with another PKCS #11 libraries installed on my system - CryptoCard PKCS#11 library and Siemens Card API PKCS#11 Module.

Could you please try to help me with this problem?
If you need the Oberthur libraries I use, you can get it from
Posted: 06/14/2007 06:29:58
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please re-read the message. It doesn't tell you about your PKCS#11 driver. It tells you about a specific library which is part of SecureBlackbox.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/14/2007 07:38:27
by Tomasz Sawicki (Standard support level)

Thank you for your prompt response, it works now.

One more question. Does your product supports or will support Cryptographic Message Syntax of signing data?

Posted: 06/14/2007 07:48:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

See ElMessageSigner / ElMessageVerifier classes. CMS is a more advanced and updated version of PKCS#7, and it's supported by the mentioned classes.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2498 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!