EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

cloud server

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 05/25/2015 17:42:49
by Nestor Bogies (Basic support level)

Hello,

I will try to express myself objectively, so that you can tell me a tool for you guys provided.

I've done tests with Sftp and SSH, but still got the result you want, perhaps the correct ferrramentas, but I am using incorrectly.

Let my need:

I am developing a routine in Delphi to run on Windows environment following the following steps.
1. Select some files or entire folders on the local computer where the system is installed in Delphi.
2. Open an SSH tunnel to access a cloud server.
3. Through the open tunnel in item 2, make a backup (compressed) of items selected in item 1 on the server.
5. There is also the need to visualize and return the backup files that are in the server item 2, to the local computer.

Through the example of SSH client demo can seamlessly access the server to cloud, but the difficulty lies in how to back up the files on this item first cloud server.

Nothing will be saved on local computers, all will be recorded on the server.

Att. Nestor
Posted: 05/26/2015 00:26:55
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please check the sample located in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.VCL\Samples\Delphi\SFTPBlackbox\Client\SimpleSFTPClient folder. It shows how to upload/download files via SFTP protocol.

3. Through the open tunnel in item 2, make a backup (compressed) of items

Data compression can be implemented using our ZIPBlackbox package. Please check the sample in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.VCL\Samples\Delphi\ZIPBlackbox\ZipArchiver folder.

So if I understood your task correctly, you should simply combine these two samples to achieve the result.
Posted: 05/26/2015 13:30:54

Ok, using the ssh can not access the server, send commands and do maintenance.

ZipArchiver tested the tool and could do zipped files, both individual files as well as entire folders, but only recording on the local computer.

With tests carried out so far, I believe we are on track.

However, I need you guys help, an example will help a lot, to join the two tools, so that the serious zipArchiver the cloud server.

Att. Nestor
Posted: 05/26/2015 14:03:20
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

A ZIP archive can not be streamed until it's completely created. So the easiest method is to use ZIPArchiver to create the archive stream (for example this can be an instance of MemoryStream class) and then use TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadStream() method to upload the data stream.

In .NET edition we have a special SFTPStream class which would be useful for your task, but we don't have one in VCL. We can create it as a service (for a fee) on request. If you are interested, we can move this topic to the HelpDesk to negotiate the terms for such service.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/26/2015 14:25:35
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

In .NET edition we have a special SFTPStream class which would be useful for your task, but we don't have one in VCL.

In fact TElSftpStream class is available in all editions including VCL. You can create such stream using TElSimpleSFTPClient.OpenStream method and then compress a number of files using created stream as a destination for TElZipWriter class.
Posted: 05/26/2015 15:08:58

good and is also available in VCL already facilitates.

locally, as do the zip file of an entire folder, and when I run the backup routine again, is only carried out an update of this first zip file (includes new information and deletes the .zip which was excluded). This is especially important for very large files, greatly reduces the working time. Example: In some cases to make the first backup takes more than 30 minutes and updates are made of the same backup in seconds.
Question: This is possible, for the cloud server?

From what I understand I will need the SFTPBlackbox and ZipBlackbox products to perform these tasks. Correct?

I'll also need a lot of help to realize the project. Are there any specific support for this? If yes, please provide the functioning.

Thank you.
Posted: 05/27/2015 02:08:55

ZIP file format is not well suited for incremental backups. Adding a file is fast, but deleting would require rewriting of the large part of the file (everything from the file being deleted and to the end of the archive).

While the scheme with SFTPStream class could work for you, in most cases it will end up with rewriting significant pieces of the ZIP file (and doing this across the network in your case).

Frankly speaking I can't imagine how your task of incremental backup to the remote server could work with a dumb storage on the other side. The systems which do such backups usually make use of some smart server, be it a specialized server or some kind of version control system, which can build diffs and apply them on the server.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/27/2015 13:56:08

using sftpclient.requestAbsulutPath ('.'), get
'/ home / administrator'.

how do I get all the way eg sftp: 192.168.1.1: / home / administrator, so you know that my application should write to the server?

Att. Nestor.
Posted: 05/27/2015 14:10:56

It's your code that initializes fields of sftpclient object, so your code should know the address and port you are connecting to.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/29/2015 08:34:28

Hello,

Friend, we review some points of our project, simplifying it, at least temporarily, came to the conclusion to use the Delphi along with SimpleSFTPClient to achieve some goals that located below.
1. The work between windows clients and linux server continues, but with some simplifications.
2. The operation will be similar to the filezila, ie the screen with two columns, one displaying location data from the computer (windows) and the other with server data (linux).
3. To enable the user to transfer data in two-way (locally> <-local server and server) to the folders you have permission of course.
4. Create a screen so that the user can view the contents of a compressed file that can eventually be saved on the server.
5. The functions are all within our application compiled with Delphi (2007).
6. This project can be run with the SimpleSFTPCliente tool, or are there other suggestions?
7. If yes, can run these tools with no need to install something else besides the compiled application on the users computer?

Thank you.
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1223 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!