EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to use SecureBlackbox with MinGW

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 05/19/2015 02:23:21
by Nikolay Glushchenko (Basic support level)

I'm trying to use SecureBlackbox with no luck.

1) Building static library. Initially it won't build due to
include/sbcore.h:175:37: error: 'put' was not declared in this scope
  __declspec( property( get=getfunc, put=setfunc ) ) type var

So I added "#undef __DECLSPEC_SUPPORTED" to sbcore.h After that static library was build without any problems and as a reasul I received libsbbex4.a

2) Building exe. Here is my test.cpp
#include "sball.h"

int main()

g++ line to build test.exe:
g++ -Iinclude -Iinclude/all -L. test.cpp -o test.exe -lsbbex4

Compiler returns error:
./libsbbex4.a(sbutils.o):sbutils.cpp:(.text$_ZN14SecureBlackbox16TElByteArrayList12get_CapacityEv+0x14): undefined reference to `TElByteArrayList_get_Capacity@8'
./libsbbex4.a(sbutils.o):sbutils.cpp:(.text$_ZN14SecureBlackbox16TElByteArrayList12set_CapacityEi+0x14): undefined reference to `TElByteArrayList_set_Capacity@8'
E:\develop\tools\mingw\32\bin\ld.exe: ./libsbbex4.a(sbutils.o): bad reloc address 0x14 in section `.text$_ZN14SecureBlackbox16TElByteArrayList12set_CapacityEi' collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I've spent a lot of time trying to resolve it with no luck.
I've tried to use it with Cygwin. No need any hack to build static library but g++ returns same error.
Visual C++ cl.exe works like a charm but I need it work with MinGW.

Could you please provide some advice?
Posted: 05/19/2015 03:12:19
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

According to the license SecureBlackbox may not be used in Russia. We are sorry.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 409 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!