EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PDF licensing

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 05/07/2015 11:20:42
by Shaul Fridman (Basic support level)

I need to be able to digitally sign a PDF, scenario is:
The PDF is at the server.
The smart card is at the Client.
I don't want to send the file back and forth.
For my understanding, the sign process is of 3 stages:
1. hash the file
2. sigh the hash
3. put the hash+signature in the file

Can I do this with SecureBlackbox®?
does your code support of such spliting of the signing process?

Which modules do I need for this for PDF\JPG\TIFF?

Thanks a lot,

Shaul
Posted: 05/07/2015 12:18:02
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Shaul,

Thank you for your question.

You are perfectly correct in your understanding about the three steps. This is exactly what our SecureBlackbox DC ('distributed crypto') module does. The corresponding functionality includes a collection of both server-side and client-side components applicable to different usage scenarios.

There is a number of samples illustrating the use of DC components included to SecureBlackbox distributions. You can choose between .NET, VCL, Java and C++ editions to use on your server, and between Java applet, Flex, ActiveX and Silverlight components for doing signing within a thin client. Alternatively, you can also use any edition of 'big' SecureBlackbox on the client side if you intend to do the client-side hash signing within a thick client application and not a browser.

You might wish to elaborate on the requirements of your task so that we could advise you on the exact practices to employ for implementing the most optimal solution.

Ken
Posted: 05/10/2015 14:11:50
by Pqdev Dev (Basic support level)

hi,

i work with shaul
can i download the SDK for limited time (all the modules which suppose to give me the ability to follow the process shaul described above) to check if it works for me?

thanks
Posted: 05/10/2015 23:59:50
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Hello.

You can download the evaluation distributive here: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/download-release.php#product

Statistics

Topic viewed 616 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!