EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Two questions.

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 06/12/2007 03:31:00
by Stanko Milošev (Standard support level)

1. Is it possible to see some informations in a .pfx file, like issuer name, serial number,... if I don't have the password?

2. Can I verify signature if I don't have a key? For veryfing signature can I somehow use encrypted key node in a signed XML document?

TIA.
Posted: 06/12/2007 04:44:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1. Should not be possible.

2. Yes, if the key is included with the signed document, you can use that key. I will ask Dmytro to answer in more details.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/12/2007 05:55:26
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Can I verify signature if I don't have a key? For veryfing signature can I somehow use encrypted key node in a signed XML document?

By encrypted key do you mean the EncryptedKey element described at http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/#sec-EncryptedKey ? It is used for encryption.
However, if you know that a certificate for signing and encryption of xml document is the same, and KeyInfo element of EncryptedKey contains the certificate data, then you can use it for verifying.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2907 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!