EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Simple demo for sFTP for a newbie

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 03/04/2015 06:31:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I think they compile the code in Delphi mode, while by default Lazarus chooses other mode.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/04/2015 07:32:21
by T SMITH (Standard support level)

Ha Ha....that would be it!!

I adjusted the compiler directive in my Lazarus project to:
{$mode Delphi}{$H+}  

then added the unit SBSSHCommon (which I was missing and is needed for TSSHKeyValidateEvent) and it now all works!! A successfull connection. Out of no less than 5 different sFTP libraries, this is the first one I have managed to get to work.

Thank you gents, for your help. I now need to go down the license purchase route!

On a seperate note, it may be worth feeding back that where differences do exist between Delphi and Lazarus, your documentation would benefit from mention of it. Perhaps just a single page like "Common differences between Delpi and Lazarus projects" and making mention of things like the comiler directive, etc. Just so that idiot inexperienced people like me have somewhere to check.

Thanks again. Resolved.

Topic viewed 1485 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!