EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Compatible with ELIT (HP)?

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 02/11/2015 19:43:33
by Andre G (Basic support level)

Hi,

I am trying to use SecureBlackbox to upload files to HP's ELIT SSH SFTP server. I've made a .NET service which uses the SecureBlackbox SFTP classes (SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient). ELIT seems to use some non-standard SFTP commands. Here is the User Guide - http://www.business-exchange.canada.eds.com/ELIT/Documents/SSH%20Server%20User%20Guide_V1%203.pdf.

I can connect successfully [TElSimpleSFTPClient.Open], but when I try to upload a file [TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadFile], I get this error - "Please provide a valid SenderID".

I can successfully upload a file using a SSH client (PuTTY), which allows me to enter the appropriate custom command [put LocalFileName SenderID/RemoteFileName/./keeplf/].

My two questions are:
1) Do you know whether SecureBlackbox has ever been used successfully with ELIT?
2) Is there a way to send custom commands to the SSH SFTP server using SecureBlackbox?

Regards,
Andre
Posted: 02/11/2015 23:58:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

SFTP doesn't use textual commands, neither it has "put" operation. What you see (and enter) in putty is translated into "open remote file `SenderID/RemoteFileName/./keeplf/` , read data from LocalFileName, write the read data to the remote file, close both files".

So it seems that all you need to do is use `SenderID/RemoteFileName/./keeplf/` as a remote filename when calling UploadStream or UploadFile method of TElSimpleSFTPClient component.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/12/2015 19:03:30
by Andre G (Basic support level)

Thank you for your response. I had tried this previously, but my syntax must have been incorrect. I tried it again after your suggestion, and the file uploaded successfully. I'm still having some issues with the uploaded file not being named correctly on the remote server, but I believe that's an ELIT issue, and nothing to do with SecureBlackbox. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Andre

Statistics

Topic viewed 592 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!