EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Sign Soap Message with Smart Card / WS-Security

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 02/02/2015 05:35:48
by Engin K. (Basic support level)

I need to call Web service with WS-Security using C#. I need to sign soap message by using smart card and HSM.

You can see my example soap message on attachment that i have to generate just like this.
Is it possible to generate this by using XMLBlackbox? I looked your sample XMLBlackbox -> SecureSOAP but it doesn't generate exactly what i want. I also need to add TimeStamp on SoapHeader and add <ec:InclusiveNamespaces PrefixList="web... to transforms.

So am i looking right sample (SecureSOAP)? Or is there any other codes taht can generate my sample soap message?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks...

[ Download ]
Posted: 02/02/2015 06:07:45
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Is it possible to generate this by using XMLBlackbox? I looked your sample XMLBlackbox -> SecureSOAP but it doesn't generate exactly what i want.

Yes, it is possible, everything could be customized.
I also need to add TimeStamp on SoapHeader

Please use the following code to add a timestamp:
Code
int k = SOAPMessage.AddSecurityHeader();
TElXMLWSUTimestamp Timestamp = new TElXMLWSUTimestamp();
SOAPMessage.get_SecurityHeaders(k).AddToken(Timestamp);
Timestamp.CreatedUTC =...
Timestamp.Expires =...
Timestamp.ID = ...

Then, to place a signature in the newly created security header, you would need to set SecurityHeader property before signing:
Code
handler.SecurityHeader = SOAPMessage.get_SecurityHeaders(k);

add <ec:InclusiveNamespaces PrefixList="web... to transforms

By default AddReference() method of TElXMLWSSSignatureHandler class creates a reference with exclusive canonicalization transform. To modify existent transform you would need to use a following code:
Code
TElXMLC14NTransform C14N = handler.get_References(index).TransformChain.get_Transforms(0) as TElXMLC14NTransform;
C14N.InclusiveNamespacesPrefixList = "web";

Add the code above before a following line in SecureSOAP sample:
Code
((TElXMLWSSSignatureHandler)handler).Sign(...);

I need to call Web service with WS-Security using C#.
So am i looking right sample (SecureSOAP)?

You can also check SOAPClient sample, it allows to create a SOAP message (body contents) from scratch, then you can sign the SOAP message (to sign a message you can reuse a code from SecureSOAP sample) and then send it.
Posted: 02/03/2015 01:39:15

Thank you for an answer.
I did what you told and also i add reference for Timestamp. Then I set reference's DigestMethod to SHA-256 as
Code
handler.References.get_Reference(0).DigestMethod = SBXMLSec.Unit.xdmSHA256;
TElXMLC14NTransform C14N_Body = handler.References.get_Reference(0).TransformChain.get_Transforms(0) as TElXMLC14NTransform;
C14N_Body.InclusiveNamespacesPrefixList = "web";

handler.References.get_Reference(1).DigestMethod = SBXMLSec.Unit.xdmSHA256;
TElXMLC14NTransform C14N_Ts = handler.References.get_Reference(1).TransformChain.get_Transforms(0) as TElXMLC14NTransform;
C14N_Ts.InclusiveNamespacesPrefixList = "wsse soap web";

Also now SignatureMethod algorithm is "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1" i want to change this to "http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmldsig-more#rsa-sha256" . I did this as following:
Code
private void handler_OnBeforeSign(object Sender, TElXMLSigner Signer)
{
  Signer.Signature.ID = "SIG-1";
  Signer.Signature.KeyInfo.ID = "KI-2B1CE5D5CD4A26CDE514228880100312";
  TElXMLSignatureMethodType signatureMethod = new TElXMLSignatureMethodType();
  signatureMethod.Algorithm = "http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmldsig-more#rsa-sha256";
  Signer.Signature.SignedInfo.SignatureMethod = signatureMethod;
}

But after changing SignatureMethod Algorithm I got "Hash algorithm mismatch (28929)" error on Verifying signature.
What am I doing wrong?
Posted: 02/03/2015 03:46:42

OK, I found my mistake. I also need to set Signer.SignatureMethod too.
This code worked to change SignatureMethod algorithm.
Code
{
    Signer.Signature.ID = "SIG-1";
    Signer.Signature.KeyInfo.ID = "KI-2B1CE5D5CD4A26CDE514228880100312";
    Signer.SignatureMethod = SBXMLSec.Unit.xsmRSA_SHA256;
    signatureMethod.Algorithm = "http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmldsig-more#rsa-sha256";
}
Posted: 02/03/2015 03:55:00
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Hello,

Code
{
}

This is incorrect, you should set TElXMLSigner.SignatureMethod in OnPrepareSignature event handler (you don't need to modify SignedInfo.SignatureMethod property), for example:
Code
handler.OnPrepareSignature += new TSBXMLSOAPSignEvent(handler_OnPrepareSignature);
private void handler_OnPrepareSignature(object Sender, TElXMLSigner Signer)
{
    Signer.SignatureMethod = SBXMLSec.Unit.xsmRSA_SHA256;
}

The OnPrepareSignature event handler used to set TElXMLSigner properties, it is fired before OnBeforeSign. The OnBeforeSign event handler used to set TElXMLSigner.Signature properties.
Posted: 02/03/2015 09:25:23

OnPrepareSignature event handler did what i want.

Thank you.
Posted: 02/05/2015 01:36:58

I have created and signed SOAP message successfully by using smart card.Also i need to sign by using HSM, and i did it sucessfully.

I have nearly 20 certificates stored in HSM and they have KeyName / LabelName. When i loop certificates and get with this code then I don't see any field/property about KeyName or LabelName.
Code
for (int i = 0; i < PKCS11CertStorage.Count; i++)
{
  TElX509Certificate Cert = PKCS11CertStorage.get_Certificates(i);

I also looked to objects (only certificate objects) with this code PKCS11CertStorage.get_Objects(i) and I see that object has ObjectLabel property. Maybe this field is what i need to have.

So what is the best way to get certificate by KeyName / LabelName?
Posted: 02/05/2015 04:53:16
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Scarlet,

So what is the best way to get certificate by KeyName / LabelName?

I'm afraid there is no best way here, as different tokens and drivers store that information in different places. In practice, the token may store textual and/or user-friendly identifiers of the certificates and keys in the following PKCS#11 properties:

- Key ID. This can be extracted through the TElX509Certificate.KeyMaterial.KeyID property.

- Subject: TElX509Certificate.KeyMaterial.KeySubject property.

- ObjectLabel: can be recovered from a TElPKCS11Object object that corresponds to the certificate's key material. The proper object can be obtained from the TElPKCS11CertStorage.get_Objects() list by comparing the value of the TElPKCS11Object.Handle property to that of the TElX509Certificate.KeyMaterial.KeyHandle property.

Ken
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1320 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!