EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

WebDAV server, own index metadata as source

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 12/30/2014 04:17:07
by Frank Brügmann (Basic support level)

The question is relating to your C++ WebDAV Server:
We would like to run a WebDAV Server locally on every client within our product. The WebDAV Server shall publish our own directory metadata including folders and files as a WebDAV directory, so that we can display it for example within the explorer window.

The Index metada to be displayed by the WebDAV server will be synchronized by our own mechanism to the clients. We need to be able to implement our own read and write processes if for example a file is "read" by a user in the explorer. In this case we need to load the filedata with our own script into the WebDAV server that forwards the filedata to the client.

How do we implement the case as described above?
Posted: 01/02/2015 02:04:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please accept my apologies for the late reply - we discussed the post with the developers and they left the post for me to answer without notifying me about the need.

In the WebDAV server the right approach to address your task is implement your custom FileSystemAdapter class. The problem is that in C++ doing this (implementing a custom class) is not possible due to the way C++ edition is implemented (it's a C++ wrapper on top of static functions exported by the library compiled from Pascal).

The alternative is that we implement some kind of EventBasedFileSystemAdapter and offer it within the library. While it's generally possible, there was no need for such class before and so the task is not a priority in our ToDo list.

Let me reiterate that in other editions this problem doesn't exists because a new class can be implemented quite easily there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 414 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!