EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

HTTPS

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 12/25/2014 19:42:38
by Lex Dean (Basic support level)

Delphi 7 user
I want to set up a HTTPS server, that allows me to manage data in both HTTPS and HTTP to lower processing demand.
my needs are:-
I want to use cookies to speed up the user ID process once registered
My site will be data base driven and thats ok once I know how to deliver the data.
I have seen the demo EldoS HTTP(S) Server demo
The EldoS help does not cover objects like THTTPSServerListeningThread that are so inportant and any other related objects.
Can I use Delphi's:-
PageProducer
DataSetTableProducer
and simular tools with EldoS prodcuts

I'm new to web site creation
I'm setting up two computers to view as a user and the other is the server
I have written in hmtl and played with PHP

Is thier any advice that can be given

Regards, Lex
Posted: 12/26/2014 00:16:30
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

TElHTTPSServer is quite low-level component which doesn't handle sockets and threading itself. The class you mention is a sample only, it's not a part of SecureBlackbox library. It illustrates how to use SecureBlackbox API but generally should not be used in your code (our samples are not templates, neither they are intended to be used as is).

The TElHTTPSServer component triggers events to which your code responds by analyzing the request and providing the data. Since it's your code, you are free to use whatever data source you like, be it database access layer, a filesystem or on-the-fly data generator like video camera.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 391 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!