EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Resume SSL Session from SessionPool

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 12/23/2014 02:44:42
by Birger Jansen (Standard support level)

I'm looking into the TElSessionPool control to speed up my webserver.

At this moment when a client connects with a client certificate I look up my UserID for that certificate. That UserID is used for some other functions. This is done in the OnCertificateValidate procedure. This procedure is only called once in the beginning of a session and for the next calls it is not.

What is the recommended way to store the UserID and use it for all calls within the same session? I see the TElSessionPool has events for OnSessionCreated and OnSessionReleased, but nothing for a resumed session?

Please advise!
Posted: 12/23/2014 04:07:59
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Birger,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please have a look at the TElSSLServer's OnSessionCreated and OnSessionReused events (not at the TElSessionPool's, which serve a slightly different purpose). As far as I understand, they do exactly what you are looking for.

You can pass your UserID object back from the OnSessionCreated event handler to the server via its SessionInfo parameter. This object will be then returned to you with each subsequent OnSessionReused invocation.

Ken
Posted: 07/28/2015 09:29:07

Hi Ken,

Sorry for bringing up this old topic again, it got of my radar.

TelSSLServer indeed has the OnSessionCreated and OnSessionReused events. However, I'm using TElHTTPSServer and although it has an FServer:TElSSLServer - field, that is private and I cannot reach it's methods.
Posted: 07/28/2015 09:35:16
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Hello.

You can use TElHTTPSServer.GetControl method to get internal TElSSLServer instance.
Posted: 07/28/2015 09:39:47

ok, thanks!
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1152 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!