EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SBB + libASEP11

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 12/21/2014 21:14:39
by Adolfo García (Basic support level)

Hello,

After my failed attempts to use OpenSC with some Athena IDProtect cards, I must resort to the Athena PKCS#11 libraries (libaseLaserP11.so + libASEP11.so).
The problem is that using libASEP11.so a segfault is produced, as also happens with the OpenSC one because of the alignment issue (if compiled without changing the default packing).
Because I can't compile the library from source, can you please add the workaround that Dmytro said you were considering for such libraries? And if so, when do you think it could be available?
Thanks in advance.
Posted: 12/22/2014 04:07:17
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Hello.

We'll implement the workaround until one of the next SecureBlackbox builds.
Posted: 12/23/2014 20:46:28

Ok, thanks.
Posted: 12/25/2014 02:52:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

After careful consideration it appears that it's not technically possible to implement any workarounds in reasonable time.

Moreover, according to PKCS#11 standard the structures must be packed as tightly as possible. This means that the drivers you are attempting to use violate the standard.

This means, in turn, that any workaround would be something that supports non-standard implementation. We don't have resources to implement such workaround within regular development roadmap. If there exists demand for such functionality, we can discuss implementing the workaround as a custom service for additional fee, however the price will not be low.

So it makes more sense to contact the vendor of the PKCS#11 driver, refer to the PKCS#11 standard and demand that they fix their compilation bugs.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/27/2014 15:55:26

Hello Eugene. Thanks for your reply, I'll try to contact them.
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 742 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!