EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Digital Signing on PDFs

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 12/18/2014 08:14:24
by sowjanya  (Standard support level)

I am writing an c# Application to digitally sign PDFs. I exported certificate from usbtoken which is .cer format. when i use this in my Application i am getting error that "Signing certify not found". Please provide me a solution to this problem. I am stuck in this. Also is there a way to export private key from usbtoken? when i exported i got only .cer certificate.
Posted: 12/18/2014 08:22:51
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

CER file contains only public part of a certificate while you need a private key to perform it. Private keys are usually non-exportable, but you can still use them with SecureBlackbox if your device supports PKCS#11 standard.
Corresponding sample can be found in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\PDFBlackbox\Desktop\SignerPKCS11 folder.
Posted: 12/18/2014 08:33:36

using UsbToken can we place Digital Signature on PDF Files?
Posted: 12/18/2014 08:35:51
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Yes if it supports PKCS#11.
Posted: 12/18/2014 08:36:42

Just like .PFX,.Cer certificates can we use USBTOKEN and place Digital Signature on PDF Files????
Posted: 12/18/2014 08:41:08
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please read the previous Vsevolod's replies above attentively.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/18/2014 08:41:56

I saw your sample code :: \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\PDFBlackbox\Desktop\SignerPKCS11

But i didn't understood how to use it, could you please explain to me clearly how to use usbtoken and place digital signature on PDF files
Posted: 12/18/2014 08:47:07

From Support Policy:

* Please understand that use of EldoS products requires certain level of competence. We are unable to use our support service to instruct on basics of technology, computers, or software development. If you need coding assistance, we would be glad to offer you our Expert services.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/18/2014 10:42:27

I need little code assistance so that I will get an idea on how to place digital signature using usbtoken.

Previously I wrote c#application which place digital signature using .pfx file.

Please help with this
Posted: 12/18/2014 11:10:16

Certificates stored on the hardware device are accessed via PKCS#11 interface. SecureBlackbox has several classes to access different types of objects stored on such hardware. Certificates are most often and most widely used, and we have TElPKCS11CertStorage class that lets you enumerate and use certificates stored on the device.

If you implemented the code that uses the PFX with SecureBlackbox, you loaded the certificate(s) to an instance of TElMemoryCertStorage and then used this instance.

With PKCS11 the approach is the same:
1) you create an instance of TElPKCS11CertStorage class and find the certificate there which you want to use for signing.
2) you add this certificate to an instance of TElMemoryCertStorage (C# syntax):
TElMemoryCertStorage MemStorage = new TElMemoryCertStorage();
MemStorage.Add(MyPKCS11Storage.get_Certificates(CertificateIndex), true);

3) after that you use MemStorage with PDF signing code.

The private key MUST be present for the given certificate on the hardware device. Private keys can't be extracted from the device and saved to file, but the above written code snippet will work correctly because SecureBlackbox "knows" about the limitation and handles it internally.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 2697 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!