EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Authentication type [16] failed

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 12/04/2014 02:30:03
by Jacob jvandiermen (Standard support level)

Hi,

I'm looking for an example project that shows the syntax to get the following situations:

1. password authentication
2. key file Authentication
3. encrypted keyfile authentication

the sample project simplesftpdemo fails on this. since one of my test customers gets the: Authentication type [16] failed.

can you guys give me the code to be able to connect in all situations without recieving any errors?
Posted: 12/04/2014 02:35:06
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Are you able to connect to the server using our sample? If not then post its log here please.

The sample project handles all situations correctly. Depending on client component settings it may try to use authentication types one by one and report error on those types that fail, however this doesn't mean that the whole authentication process fails.
Posted: 12/04/2014 02:46:24

2:16:19 PM Authentication type [16] failed
2:16:19 PM Authentication succeeded
2:16:19 PM sftp connection established
2:16:19 PM recieving file list

it indeed does not fail.

but i wanna know if i need to do something about this error? will it cause problems in the future? with different customers?

or is it like you said just a log of what is happening?

also SftpClient.AuthenticationTypes or SSH_AUTH_TYPE_KEYBOARD is not in the example file?

but the user with his encrypted keyfile does get a keyboard authentication popup. why??
Posted: 12/04/2014 02:53:28
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

but i wanna know if i need to do something about this error? will it cause problems in the future? with different customers?

This error will not cause any problems - it can be used for debugging purposes.

also SftpClient.AuthenticationTypes or SSH_AUTH_TYPE_KEYBOARD is not in the example file?

SSH_AUTH_TYPE_KEYBOARD is turned on by default.

but the user with his encrypted keyfile does get a keyboard authentication popup. why??

Because keyboard authentication is not related to the fact that key file is encrypted. Please read this article for details: https://www.eldos.com/security/article...p?page=all

If you need to enter a password for keyfile decryption then this is your job to create a corresponding window and then pass entered password to TElSSHKey.LoadPrivateKey method.
Posted: 12/04/2014 06:23:50

thanks!
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 806 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!