EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ZipBlackBox unable to unzip encrypted SharpZipLib file

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 12/02/2014 10:00:09
by Eric Dobrzelewski (Standard support level)

I'm in the process of replacing SharpZipLib ( with ZipBlackBox (v12.0.262). It is working so far except I cannot unzip files that were encrypted with SharpZipLib with a password. It says "Invalid password". I am able to unzip files created by ZipBlackBox with a password, using both ZipBlackBox and SharpZipLib. I can unzip files created with ZipBlackBox with a password using SharpZipLib. It is only this one case that doesn't work.

I can only attach a single image or text file or else I would include the sample files created with both libraries.

Here is the stack trace when it errors (local path truncated for readability):
at SBArcZip.TElZipOldStyleDecryptingUnit.ProcessBlock(Byte[] Buffer, Int32 Index, Int32 Size)
at SBArcZip.TElZipReader.InternalUpdateExtraction(TElZipArchiveDirectoryEntry Entry)
at SBArcZip.TElZipReader.InternalExtract(TElZipArchiveDirectoryEntry Entry)
at SBArcZip.TElZipReader.InternalExtract(TElZipArchiveDirectoryEntry Entry)
at SBArcZip.TElZipReader.Extract(String Mask, String OutputPath)
at ConsoleZip.Program.Main(String[] args) in ~\Samples\C#\ZIPBlackbox\Desktop\ConsoleZip\Program.cs:line 390

On a side note, the ConsoleZip sample app could use two tweaks. One, when the "-p" argument is set, it should set "passwordAsked = true;". Two, in the "DoPasswordNeeded" event handler, the contents of the method should be wrapped in "if (!passwordAsked)".
Posted: 12/02/2014 10:31:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report.

Let's continue in HelpDesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ) please. I have created a new support ticket based on your above message. You will see your (and only your) support tickets by following this URL. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates related to your support ticket.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 610 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!