EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to modify data being sent or received by TElSSHLocalPortForwarding

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 11/24/2014 05:24:21
by Didi Junaedi (Basic support level)

Dear Eugene,

I have tested using the simple demo without any modification, in a controlled environment (in a clean box inside my local computer) the behavior still exists, but the result vary on different server and port. I don't know what ws happening. the traffic seems normal, my sniffer program don't catch anything unusual, the SSH connection just dropped randomly (almost all of the occurance happened on uploading process).

The weird thing is when i switch the SSH server port, the behaviour changed accordingly, port 22 is the longest live time and port 443 is the shortest time (I did test it on 3 port number; 22, 143, and 443 with 3 different server (OpenSSH, Dropbear,and Bitvise) on 2 different machine).

Dear Ken,

Thank you very much for your explanation and direction. I have looked into the intercept class a little by the way, but I'm concentrating on finding why the connection closed randomly without any error or exception thrown, and it was all happened during uploading process.

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Posted: 11/24/2014 05:36:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Connections are dropped always by some particular side. You need to figure out with a sniffer or other tool, what's going on on TCP level, i.e. which side initiates disconnection or closes the port.

The components don't have anything that would drop the connection. If there's an error happening, you can try using OnError event and OnCloseConnection event (whichever is/are available) to get additional information.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/24/2014 05:53:07
by Didi Junaedi (Basic support level)

Yes, thank you. That is exactly what I am doing right now.

I will be back with results.

Thank you once again

Statistics

Topic viewed 1187 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!