EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

which method SSL or OpenPGP

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 11/06/2014 08:10:40
by Moh Tarvirdi (Basic support level)

Dear Friends,
I am developing client-server C#/Java applications which send request from client to server and get response through TCP/IP connection.
What I need is, to create a secure connection between them, so I searched and found "SecureBlackBox" is what I need.
I need a technical advise about method selection.
I need to implement TCP/IP client-server connection that encrypted/Server Authenticated/Client Authenticated/Message integrited also.
Which method I should implement SSL or OpenPGP that can cover above requirments?
Posted: 11/06/2014 08:14:16
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

With SSL/TLS you are securing the connection. With OpenPGP you are securing the data. The choice is yours. The factors to consider include
1) whether you create both clients and servers or you expect third-parties to also connect or act as servers. If you create both, you can choose, if you expect third-parties, then SSL would be a better option.
2) how you are going to manage (keep, validate, create) OpenPGP keys or X.509 certificates. There are no suggestions here, you need to learn about both OpenPGP keys and about X.509 certificates (they are NOT "SSL certificates" or anything like that), then make a choice.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 252 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!