EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Bug: Dropbox component can't upload files > 150 MB

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 11/04/2014 09:33:44
by ntr1 (Standard support level)

Hi,

I've already found a similar problem in uploading large files using the Google Drive component. Now, I've found also Dropbox component cannot upload files bigger than 150 MB, even if the "chunked upload" method is used.

Please note: the error occurs in the sample application as well.

I've found after some tests that the upload is aborted when the first chunk is sent. The default value is 4 MB. After the program uploaded 4 MB, the connection is lost and the transfer is aborted. If I set the ChunkedUploadChunkSize propety to 64 MB for example, the upload is aborted after 64 MB (error 96270 or error 10058).

Can you confirm you can successfully upload a file that is bigger than 150 MB?

That's a very annoying bug since we bought the component because it supported Dropbox chunked upload, but it seems it doesn't work as promised.

Now I've several angry customers and a certain urgency. I'm really hoping it's only a configuration error that can be solved quickly.
Posted: 11/04/2014 12:37:20
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for reporting this.

We'll check this tomorrow. Unfortunatelly you're the first our client who uses our clouds access components in a real program with large files.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 11/05/2014 03:54:19

We confirm that the problem exists. When the component starts to upload the second chunk, the connection fails due to timeout. We're investigating the problem.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 11/05/2014 09:10:16

We've found a bug in a supplementary class. Fixing is in progress.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 11/05/2014 10:19:38

The bug has been fixed. Tested with 160MB file. The fix will be provided through our HelpDesk.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 11/06/2014 08:51:28
by ntr1 (Standard support level)

Great! It works like a charm now.

I confirm the bug has been fixed: I've been able to upload a 1 GB file without any problem :-D

Now I'll wait for the resolution of the "session expiration" problem on Google Drive (I see there is no news about that).

Keep up the great work!

Thank you
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 627 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!