EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error uploadign large files to Google Drive

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 11/24/2014 04:38:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I think the problem comes from the fact that most consumer-oriented services are (a) cheap (i.e. not very profitable to vendors) and (b) designed solely for end-user usage scenarios. Professional services like box.com should behave better, at least they understand importance of automation.

There was one service whose founders contacted me several years ago asking for use of our CBFS product with their service. That was not technically possible then due to limitations of their API. They realized this, so they have extended the API and have purchased a license for CBFS now. That is a service targeted at corporate / professional use.

Unfortunately for us we don't offer cloud components for this service yet, but I think we need to do this and promote that service as a viable alternatives to stuff like OneDrive and Google Drive.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/26/2014 09:32:58
by ntr1 (Standard support level)

Hi,

You're right when you say that some free services hasn't a very good reliability.

However, Dropbox works perfectly with your component now, so I think there's only a specific problem with Google Drive.

Box should have the token expiration problem like Google Drive (when I tested it some months ago with another component this issue was still present).

Azure and Amazon S3 works like a charm with your component too.

I'm sure finally a workaround for Google Drive can be found if there's one. I'm sure you can do that.

Keep up the great work
Posted: 02/11/2015 03:57:02

Hi,

is there any update on this ?

Checking again the official forum threads by Google, some users are saying the problem is solved:

https://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/issues/detail?id=5124

http://code.google.com/p/google-api-python-client/issues/detail?id=231

Can you check it out again on your component ?
The one hour limitation is a very annoying issue, therefore solving it will make the component absolutely better in most scenarios.

Thank you
Posted: 02/11/2015 05:04:55
by Alexander Ionov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you very much for the notice. We're going to check this a bit later this week.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 02/14/2015 09:40:00

I've successfully uploaded a 1.77GB file to Google Drive, the session took about 2 hours. So by now resumable uploads seem to work fine.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Posted: 02/16/2015 11:37:55

Great!

That's a very good news indeed!

Currently, with the component version we're using, the problem still persists. Did you try with the latest component version, or with a version that hasn't been released yet ?

Thank you
Posted: 02/17/2015 06:17:02

The last changes to this component were made on November, 22. So all the builds released since that date should work fine.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Ionov
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3876 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!