EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Certificate Pinning on Windows Phone8 or 8.1

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 10/29/2014 07:06:52
by Jay Chaundkar (Basic support level)

Certificate Pinning is not working as expected on Windows Phone8 or 8.1 you have said that TElSimpleSSLClient works on WindowsPhone without any problems.
can I have a look you sample ?

My E-mail is Jaykumar.Chaundkar@Wellsfargo.Com
Thanks very much
Posted: 10/29/2014 07:09:13
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please describe your problem in more details. How it can be reproduced on our side?
Posted: 10/29/2014 08:53:24
by Remi Appels (Basic support level)

I have also a problem with certificate pinning on windows phone 8. When I try to make a post call, I get the following error message:

An exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in SecureBlackbox.HTTP.DLL but was not handled in user code.

Its hard to debug because the NullReferenceException is located in the library package.

If you contact me private I can send you a sample project.
Posted: 10/29/2014 08:55:27

Its hard to debug because the NullReferenceException is located in the library package.

You can post call stack of the exception here. This will help to localize the problem.
Posted: 10/29/2014 09:23:58
by Remi Appels (Basic support level)

System.NullReferenceException occurred
HResult=-2147467261
Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source=SecureBlackbox.HTTP
StackTrace:
at SBHTTPSClient.TElHTTPSClient.SetUpHeaders()
at SBHTTPSClient.TElHTTPSClient.InitiateRequest(Int32 Method, String URL)
at SBHTTPSClient.TElHTTPSClient.PerformRequest(Int32 Method, String URL)
at SBHTTPSClient.TElHTTPSClient.Post(String URL, String Content)
at ServiceApp.Classes.SBBClient.DoApiCall[TRequest,TResponse](String address, TRequest requestData, Int32 timeOut, Boolean secure)
InnerException:
Posted: 10/29/2014 09:29:03

If you contact me private I can send you a sample project.

I've created a ticket for you in Helpdesk. Please attach the sample project there.
Posted: 10/29/2014 23:58:47

Hi thanks for your reply, actually we are trying to test Certificate Pinning on Windows Phone 8 or 8.1 but able to get any sample code, We try to get sample/COde Sannipet from MSDN and this site but no luck. If you have any sample code then can you please share the same? It will be really much appriciated.

My E-mail is Jaykumar.Chaundkar@Cognizant.Com, Jchaundkar@Gmail.Com
Thanks very much
Posted: 10/30/2014 00:49:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Jay Chaundkar, Certificate Pinning is not exactly a technical but more a design procedure. We have an article on Certificate Pinning which you are welcome to read and follow its instructions. If you have practical and specific questions after reading the article, please ask them.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/30/2014 00:50:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Remi Appels, the problem was that your code set the string property to null value rather than an empty string.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/30/2014 05:08:12

We have this code snipped for WP7.5 but we have to implement same functionality on WP8.0, we tried this to run on WP8.0 but it's not working on Emulator.
So can you please let us know will it be work on only Device or it should work on Emulator as well.

Code
public void OpenSSL()
{
    var c = new TElSimpleSSLClient();
    c.OnCertificateValidate += new TSBCertificateValidateEvent(OnCertificateValidate);

c.Address = "myhostname.com";
    c.Port = 443;
    c.Open();
    c.Close(false);
}

private void OnCertificateValidate(object sender, TElX509Certificate x509certificate, ref TSBBoolean validate)
{
    validate = true;
}
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1463 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!