EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Encrypted key.

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/20/2007 15:02:22
by Stanko Milošev (Standard support level)

Is it possible, and how, to decrypt an XML document if I don't have a public key? I think that I can use an EncryptedKey node to decrypt a key, am I wrong?

Thank you,
Stanko.
Posted: 05/20/2007 18:18:02
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

If the key transport algorithm (public key encryption algorithm) used, then for decryption you'll need only private key.
Set it to ElXMLDecryptor.KeyEncryptionKeyData property. See the encryptor sample.
The decryptor will use this key to decrypt the session key from EncryptedKey node.
Posted: 05/21/2007 14:10:45
by Stanko Milošev (Standard support level)

I am sorry, I was not specific enough, my task is to find a way, if there is any, to decrypt a document if I don't have any key, either public or private, so is that possible, at all?

Thank you, once again,
Stanko.
Posted: 05/21/2007 15:03:49
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

I am sorry, I was not specific enough, my task is to find a way, if there is any, to decrypt a document if I don't have any key, either public or private, so is that possible, at all?

Hmm, without any key no :)
If the key transport or key wrap algorithm used on encryption of a xml document, and you don't know the key with which session key was encrypted, but you know the session key itself, then in theory you can decrypt a xml document.
Are you interested in this case?
I'll need to look if this supported.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1607 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!