EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleSFTPClient upload and set recfm and lrecl

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 10/13/2014 06:56:44
by Milan Milojic (Basic support level)

I'm evaluating SecureBlackBox SFTP components and using a trial version. I need to connect to and SFTP server and upload a file. This works flawlessly. The thing that I need is a way to set record format and record length for the uploaded file. When using PuTTY, I'm executing
ls /+recfm=vb,mode=text,lrecl=4004
in command prompt. I have looked at the file attributes and the only option that I saw with TElSimpleSFTPClient is the TElSimpleSFTPClient.ExecuteSSHCommand but this doesn't work because it exececutes over SSH protocol and server's security only allows me to change my password over SSH. When I run
var res = Client.ExecuteSSHCommand(@"ls /+recfm=vb,mode=text,lrecl=4004");
I get the response
The command executed is invalid.....

I have checked with server's administrator and his response was that I can only change my password over SSH and nothing else.

Please help.
Posted: 10/13/2014 07:04:55
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

SFTP protocol doesn't the concept of text commands and there's no "ls" in SFTP. Even more, there's no "ls" or "list directory" command in SFTP at all (directory enumeration is implemented differenly there). I don't know how putty emulates the line you've specified. Potentially we could investigate this issue for you, but that's beyond the scope of Basic support level available to evaluating users.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 424 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!