EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Authentication failure with SSHServer sample

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 09/25/2014 08:45:02
by Venkat k (Basic support level)

I am not able to connect to the SSHServer sample application from another machine running Winsshd client.
I haven't done any code changes.
I am getting the following error on sshserver windows

SSH session started
Authentication attempt (Unknown) failed
SSH protocol error #13
closing the socket.

I have added my domain login to the sshserver settings (not sure this is correct way). It seems there is no check on the username as it is a simple text box. how to configure the tool to accept any domain user?

Regards,
Venkat
Posted: 09/25/2014 08:50:12
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

1. What SecureBlackbox version and edition is used?
2. Did you configure a sample? You should create a new user and adjust its authentication settings.
Posted: 09/26/2014 05:39:17

I downloaded the latest version yesterday (V12.0)
I have added my domain login as a new user 'koradav' ( please note that I tried both with and without giving the domain name 'koradav@mycompany.com') and selected the option 'The user must authenticate using ANY of the above methods'

Do we need to perform any additional steps?
Posted: 09/26/2014 05:53:19

Yes you should enable needed authentication types using checkboxes (password, public-key etc.) and then set password or public key for a client.
Posted: 09/26/2014 06:11:36

Hi,
I gave some random password to the user in SSHServer instead of my domain password and I set gssapi-with-mic as the initial authentication method in WinSSHD client. The authentication is failed while connecting and I got a password prompt. when I type thee password that I set in SSHServer, authentication passed.

Now I have few questions: How do I make it to work for our domain account without entering the password. It seems the users added to the SSHServer are not domain users as they have separate passwords and hence it would be difficult to maintain these users. I am looking for a SSHServer that works with kerberos similar to WinSSHD (I guess WinSSHD do not have any SDK to use in applications). Can we use SecureBlockBox SSHServer with kerberos authentication?
Posted: 09/26/2014 06:18:46

Sorry, but we support GSS-API only for our client side SSH components, but not for server side ones.

You can add this idea to our wish-list: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php#product
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 520 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!