EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Receiving JSON array - connection lost (error code is 10058)

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 09/08/2014 15:51:04
by Bogdan H. (Standard support level)

I am using a TElRestClient to do some HTTP GET request to get an array of JSON objects. All works well if my JSON only contains about 10 objects but when it grows in size (500 objects) I get a (Connection lost (error code is 10058)).

So as I see this only happens when the data returned grows in size. Is there any parameter that I can set (maybe the receiving buffer size) to solve this?
Posted: 09/08/2014 15:57:42
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Does the problem happen when you run the application outside of IDE or this exception is reported only in the IDE?

The problem itself should not happen and there are no limits which would need to be adjusted to accommodate more data. This is something that needs investigation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/08/2014 16:04:10
by Bogdan H. (Standard support level)

Thanks for the fast reply.

Just tested it. Only happens in the IDE. What would be the cause?
Posted: 09/08/2014 16:45:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The server sends the data and closes connection. The exception is handled internally and is treated as a signal that the transmission is done. You can add the exception class to the list of ignored exceptions in the IDE to bypass this exception.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 444 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!