EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Decrypting files with OpenPGPBlackbox into memory

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 08/28/2014 17:54:57
by it it (Standard support level)

First of all, I apologize if this question has been posed on the forum before (I didn't see an obvious way to search beforehand) and I apologize for my inexperience with both cryptography and the SBB product.

What I am hoping to determine is whether SBB OpenPGPBlackbox can decrypt a file into memory rather than write the plain-file out to disk. Is this possible with the OpenPGPBlackbox component?
Posted: 08/28/2014 18:03:23
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for posting the question to the forum. Now we can see that you are the licensed customer and act accordingly.

In VCL edition you use TMemoryStream as an OutputStream for TElPGPWriter class. After saving the data you need to reset stream position to 0 (zero) and then you can read back the data to memory, if needed.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 370 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!