EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SMTP Server Component

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 08/17/2014 05:30:07
by VoxPopuli Robot  (EldoS Corp.)

It would be good to have an SMTP server with Eldos quality to complement the existing SMTP Client.

If you like the idea, vote for it on https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php
Posted: 08/17/2014 09:14:29
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Can you please describe the planned/possible usage scenario for such component? How exactly would you like to use one? What do you expect such component to have?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/18/2014 05:16:37
by Tim Frost (Standard support level)

As a minimum it should support SMTP authentication and security features for multiple threads of incoming e-mail, make the From and To addresses available for acceptance validation, and save incoming raw messages on disk for further processing. Other components described as SMTP servers will also offer to relay 'not for me' messages, but we do not require this capability.
Posted: 07/15/2015 14:00:48
by Stephen Friedl (Standard support level)

I'm late to the party, but I'd love an SMTP server component.

My scenario is a cloud-type service provider with a fleet of applications that can *only* talk SMTP for outbound messaging, but we need much more control over what happens to them, such as header rewriting to add which appliation it came from, more specialized logging, or to build an SMTP-to-API gateway to use a third-party transactional email delivery system that works better if messages are submitted via a REST interface.

In our environment we can't really change the app doing the sending (bummer).

I understand that this has much more narrow appeal than other items on the wish list, but I have to build this one way or another, and I'd be thrilled if SecureBlackBox offered this feature.
Posted: 07/15/2015 14:46:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the message.

You are not late, yet it looks like there's not much interest in such server component. We could probably develop one within a couple of months, but we won't be able to start such development until October. Also some financial backing of the project would be welcome.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 1287 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!