EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP Upload problem

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 05/08/2007 07:23:34
by Michele Salzano (Basic support level)

I've create a simple cycle in C# to send more file via SFTP. I've used "SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient", but the application, after sending some files (for 2-3 seconds), doesn't work since the following problem "SFTP component not connected" occurs.
I've used the License Key for evaluation. The SecureBlackbox version is 5.1.109.
Could you help me, please?
Posted: 05/08/2007 07:34:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Does the problem happen with the sample applications?

The error means that the server has closed connection forcefully. This can happen due to the number of reasons. You can check the server's log file for information.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/08/2007 07:58:40

I use the F-Secure Server. When I use the F-Secure Client or other client, there isn't problems, when I use the SecureBlackBox Client there is a problem. In Event Viewer for F-Secure Server there is this message: "Protocol error in local: 'Protocol error: packet too long: 47844.'"
Posted: 05/08/2007 08:23:39

This is a server bug. It doesn't handle the SSH packets over 32K though the standard says about 128K.

You can adjust the packet size by setting AutoAdjustTransferBlock property to false and setting UploadBlockSize to 16384. This should solve the problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/08/2007 08:56:21

It's the same. For your information, when I execute the application in debug mode, if between Client.Open() and Client.Upload(..) there are some seconds, the "SFTP component not connected" exception occurs.
In attach the used code.

[ Download ]
Posted: 05/08/2007 09:06:30

We will need write access to your server to test the issue as it is server-specific. Please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/support/ticket_list.php ) to create a ticket and give us the login credentials.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/12/2007 14:29:07
by Benjamin Rosenberg (Premium support level)

Hi,

I'm having virtually the same problem as that reported here. Unfortunately the server machine isn't under my control. Here is an extract of the problem:

Server version: SSH-2.0-1.82 sshlib: WinSSHD 4.23

We don’t have access to the server log.

Script Extract:

m_sWorkingDirectory = ""

m_oFtp.Address = sHostName

m_oFtp.Port = nPort

m_oFtp.UserName = sUserName

If (sPassword = "") Then

m_oFtp.EnableAuthenticationType (SSH_AUTH_TYPE_PUBLICKEY OR SSH_AUTH_TYPE_HOSTBASED OR SSH_AUTH_TYPE_RHOSTS)

Else

m_oFtp.EnableAuthenticationType (SSH_AUTH_TYPE_PUBLICKEY OR SSH_AUTH_TYPE_HOSTBASED OR SSH_AUTH_TYPE_RHOSTS OR SSH_AUTH_TYPE_PASSWORD)

End If

m_oFtp.Password = sPassword

m_oFtp.Open

wscript.echo “Active=” & m_oFtp.Active ‘ Will return 0

m_oFtp.OpenDirectory “/”

Error:

“SFTP component not connected” when calling “OpenDirectory”

Posted: 06/13/2007 06:12:46

Please try to set the PipelineLength property to 1 before performing data exchange operations.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/10/2014 21:13:04
by Brett Beattie (Standard support level)

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
This is a server bug. It doesn't handle the SSH packets over 32K though the standard says about 128K.

You can adjust the packet size by setting AutoAdjustTransferBlock property to false and setting UploadBlockSize to 16384. This should solve the problem.

An SFTP server my system connects to was recently updated with a HP-UX update. It introduced this type of bug where files over 32k would hang. Making this suggested change fixed the problem for me.
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3998 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!