EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

File system operation failed with error

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 07/31/2014 15:33:22
by Meghana Miraj (Basic support level)

Hi,

I was using Secure BlackBox version 11 and had no problems until the evaluation license key expired. Today, I downloaded Secure BlackBox evaluation version 12 and am using .Net assemblies for SecureBlackBox. But I got the following error:

Exception Information:
Message: File system operation failed with error. (error code is 103426)
HelpLink:
Source: SecureBlackbox
TargetSite: Void RaiseVFSAdapterError(Int32, System.String)StackTrace: at SBCustomFSAdapter.__Global.RaiseVFSAdapterError(Int32 ErrorCode, String FileName)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadFile(String LocalFileName, String RemoteFileName, TSBFileTransferMode Mode, Int64 RestartFrom)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadFile(String LocalFileName, String RemoteFileName, TSBFileTransferMode Mode)

I haven't changed the code, except the key.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted: 07/31/2014 15:37:44
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you very much for reposting your question and providing additional details.

The error code corresponds to OS error code 2 which is "file not found". This means that the filesystem layer couldn't find the file with the given path. Can you please specify the exact value of LocalFileName parameter?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/31/2014 16:32:09

Thanks, Eugene. Here is the error message, 'File system operation failed with error. Requested path is \\Ciftp02\ftp\xxx\processed\xxx_fromxxx_20140731_130001.csv (error code is 103426)'.

The file does exist and the code worked using Secure BlackBox version 11 and the old key. The key is set to expire tomorrow.

Do I have to change this parameter, sftpClient.Versions = 8; to something higher?

Thanks,
Posted: 07/31/2014 16:40:46

The problem is specific to UNC paths. .NET has problems with them. For some users the "default" straightforward approach doesn't work and we've added a workaround for them. Then the workaround didn't work for others, and we've combined the approaches. Looks like neither approach works for you. We have to investigate this problem deeper.

Meanwhile what you can do is create an instance of FileStream class and use UploadStream method.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/01/2014 12:32:43

Thanks for your suggestion, Eugene. Using the FileStream class worked well with the version 12 and key based authentication.
Posted: 08/01/2014 13:16:34

I'll move your message to the helpdesk so that our developers can investigate it further.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1280 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!