EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FileNotFoundException SecureBlackbox.dll WP8

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 06/11/2014 01:59:52
by Kreissl Hogler (Priority Standard support level)

Hello,

I have a strange situation here. Our windows phone app doesnt start anymore. I have checked source control history half a day and I could not find any change made to libraries or other significant code.

It was working code, but since some days it fails loading SecureBlackBox.dll. The app uses a lot third party libs and nuget packages. After commenting out all eldos relating code fragments, the app is working fine.

So do you have any idea what the reason for this could be? The dll is in the xap file. I checked it.

{System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SecureBlackbox, Version=11.0.252.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e45ca41d1447f4f6' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'SecureBlackbox, Version=11.0.252.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e45ca41d1447f4f6'
at De.Mms.Dbmm.Wp8.PhoneApp.Services.CertValidationService..ctor(IConnectivityService connectivityService, IConfigurationService config)}

Regards
Holger
Posted: 06/11/2014 02:10:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This problem can happen when SecureBlackbox.dll from other version of .NET is deployed to the device. For example, .NET desktop assembly could have been taken from GAC (not by you but by the application that prepares everything for deployment).

Try removing SecureBlackbox assemblies from GAC (either using gacutil command-line tool or by navigating to \Windows\Assemblies folder in Explorer and deleting the assemblies) and re-deploy the application.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/11/2014 03:18:43

I am using the correct dlls. they havent been changed. They are not used from gac. There are referenced in a lib folder to be able to build the app on agents.

I also tried updating the libs to Version 11. I have copied it from here:

..\SecureBlackbox.NET\Assemblies\WindowsPhone_8

SecureBlackbox.dll
SecureBlackbox.SSLClient.dll
SecureBlackbox.SSLCommon.dll

Any other ideas what could i give a try?

Thank you

Holger
Posted: 06/11/2014 03:22:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Try to narrow down the problem by creating a new test project and trying to reproduce the problem with it. If deployment works for a test project, then there's some setting in your project that prevents correct operation. If deployment in a test project doesn't work, then the problem is in the procedure of creating a XAP. In the latter case we'll be able to take your XAP to test.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/12/2014 12:49:21

Well I will need to do this.

One other interesting point. The app is running as usual in emulator with an older build. On a real device the filenotfoundexception is raised as well now, but not if using the deployment tool for this older build. I tried a Nokia Lumnia WP 8.1 and a HTC WP8.0 device..

regards
Holger
Posted: 06/13/2014 14:16:19
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Hogler,

On a real device the filenotfoundexception is raised as well now, but not if using the deployment tool for this older build.

Could you please specify what exactly number does the 'older' build have?

Supposedly, your application is looking for the newer SecureBlackbox assemblies (of version 11.0.252), while the ones actually deployed are assemblies belonging to the older build. That's why the older revision of your application works. Please re-check that you deploy exactly the same SecureBlackbox* assemblies that you used to build your application. By 'exactly' I mean that they must have the same version and key token (11.0.252 in your case).

If you build your app in Visual Studio IDE, please ensure that all the referenced SecureBlackbox assemblies are of the proper version (11.0.252.0) and have the correct key token (e45ca41d1447f4f6). Sometimes you will need to set the CopyLocal and SpecificVersion properties of the references to true to have the correct set of assemblies bound and deployed.

Ken
Posted: 06/13/2014 14:25:19

Thanks for the help. Its solved. Reason is a corrupt .NET framwork on my machine and it looks like my workspaces are corrupt as well. I figured out that TFS checkouts did not work correctly and for some reason.

Regards
Holger
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 793 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!