EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Example of implementing SSL/TLS using TElSocket

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/26/2014 21:14:11
by Erich Kuba (Standard support level)

Hi there,

I've been porting my code (client and server) to implement TElSocket for it's TCP comunications as I need to move our software to the mobile space;

I have the socket component working, but now need to enable SSL negotiation;

I can't seem to find any examples that use the TElSocket component; Can anyone point me to a client and server example that I could reference;

Kind regards

Posted: 05/26/2014 23:09:57
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

In general the samples are available in Samples\Delphi\SSLBlackbox\Server folder. I am afraid that we don't have TElSocket-based SSL server though (the same for TElSSLClient).

In brief, you call TElSSLServer.Open() method to start the handshake, Send() method to send non-encrypted data. Use DataAvailable method to let the SSLServer class know that the socket has something to be received and decoded. OnSend and OnReceive events are used to communicate with the socket (you write and read the data to/from the socket in those event handlers). OnData is triggered when there's decrypted data available, which has been received from the server.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 678 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!