EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 12/14/2009 14:14:21
by alvin tan (Basic support level)

I need to be able to send the following command to the SFTP server

QUOTE SITE standard=none

I tried with some code exactly as you have suggested - but I get an "Unsupported" exception with error code 8.

I get this exception no matter what command I send. e.g. dir, ls.

Any ideas? Should I be able to send dir and ls via

thanks in advance for your help.
Posted: 12/14/2009 23:43:48
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

You are confusing FTPS with SFTP. QUOTE SITE is a command of FTP protocol, which is not available with SFTP. That's why you got the Unsupported exception.

ExtensionCmd() deals with custom commands of SFTP protocol (file hash requests, available space checkup etc.). Remote file copying is not supported by native SFTP protocol, however, some servers do support it through the use of special extension. There's a CopyRemoteFile() method available that utilizes this extension.

I get this exception no matter what command I send. e.g. dir, ls.

That is how it works. You have to set up a separate shell tunnel to be able to execute native OS commands remotely.

Topic viewed 5747 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!