EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Permission denied. at SBSftp.TElSftpClient.OpenFileSync

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 04/28/2014 10:22:51
by Everett Bell (Standard support level)

We're currently seeing the below error intermittently on 2 of a particular customer's systems. We have many other installations of the software using SecureBlackBox and do not see this elsewhere. Even on the affected systems it is not consistent.

This error occurs when attempting to upload a small log file to an SFTP server.

SBSftpCommon.EElSFTPError: Permission denied.
at SBSftp.TElSftpClient.OpenFileSync(String Filename, Int32 Modes, TElSftpFileAttributes Attributes)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.OpenFile(String Filename, Int32 Modes, TElSftpFileAttributes Attributes)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadStream(Stream LocalStream, String RemoteFileName, TSBFileTransferMode Mode, Int64 RestartFrom)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadFile(String LocalFileName, String RemoteFileName, TSBFileTransferMode Mode, Int64 RestartFrom)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadFile(String LocalFileName, String RemoteFileName, TSBFileTransferMode Mode)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadFile(String LocalFileName, String RemoteFileName)
at SynTelFileTransferClient.Job.Submit()

I suspect interaction with some other software used by the customer, but using tools such as Process Monitor are not showing a file system event directly related to the Permission Denied error.

I realize this may need more research, but I wanted to see if anyone has seen the Permission Denied message in UploadFileSync before and could point us toward a solution.

We are using version 10.0.218. I'm downloading the latest now to see if that will help. I did not see any related entries in the Release Notes.

Thanks!
Posted: 04/28/2014 10:39:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The error is returned by the server so the issue is server-specific. Do you happen to know if the retried attempt after the failure succeeds?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/28/2014 13:19:36
by Everett Bell (Standard support level)

Interesting note on the fact that this is a server generated error. The OpenFileSync had led me to believe it was a local permissions issue. But I had a suspicion if I didn't get much further locally I would need to look at the server side.

I had implemented an automatic delay + retry. Retrying 3 times with a 1 second delay between each did not change behavior. When the error occurred it would occur 3 times consecutively.

Since posting I have upgraded to 11.0.250. The customer has tested 10 times so far with the new build and have not seen the error.

If it is reported again we'll look into the server side setup.

Thanks for your help!

- Everett
Posted: 04/28/2014 13:31:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

IIRC there were some changes made to open files with more relaxed open mode and maybe this change affected your problem, making it go away. It's good to know that the problem is solved.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1500 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!