EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Creating Self Extracting PGP Contianing Folder Structure and Many File

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 04/11/2014 08:38:18
by Dennis Spading (Basic support level)

Hi,

I'm doing a proof of concept / tool evaluation with intent to purchase.

I've looked through code samples and searched the Forum and have found some clues to my questions, however I did not see a clear answer. Unfortunately (for me) I do not have a lot of time to try a lot of scenarios.

My objective to create .pgp file that contains a folder structure with files in each folder. Example:

ManifestFile.txt
Client1Folder
Client1Doc1.pdf
Client1Doc2.pdf
Client2Folder
Client2Doc1.pdf
Client2Doc2.pdf

From what I've seen in the forums is that to achieve this I would need to create a ZIP file with the folders and files, then PGP encrypt the zip file. There is no way to specify a folder/path structure when creating the PGP file.

Is that correct?

Any examples that you can suggest (I'm looking at ZipArchiver and ExcryptAndSign .net examples)

Thank you!

Dennis
Posted: 04/11/2014 08:49:33
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

We already have self-decrypting archives feature that allows to store a set of files. You can adjust TElPGPWriter.SFX* properties and use TElPGPWriter.EncryptFiles/EncryptAndSignFiles methods to produce such archive.

If you want to store folders structure then your ZIP-based approach can be used.
Posted: 04/11/2014 08:58:33
by Dennis Spading (Basic support level)

Vsevolod,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I want to be sure I understand what you have indicated.

To meet the business requirements of having a folder structure I would need to create that structure using a zip file. And then use either TElPGPWriter.EncryptFile/EncryptAndSignFile methods on the .ZIP file.

However, if there was NO requirement for folders, then I could use the TElPGPWriter.EncryptFiles/EncryptAndSignFiles methods and include all files to encrypt.

Thank you!

Dennis
Posted: 04/11/2014 09:01:11
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

You understood my answer correctly.

Statistics

Topic viewed 562 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!