EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Timestamp errors 83970 and 8204

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 04/03/2014 10:11:43
by Qualisoft CQPD (Standard support level)

Forget it. The error still 8204. It's all weird here. I really don't know why it's not working now. But with TinySigner all remains good.
Posted: 04/04/2014 06:06:48
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello,

Could you please show us the call stack? Error 8204 (0x200C) in typical circumstances should only be returned by the verifying component, not the signing one.
Posted: 04/04/2014 09:40:37

Hi Ken,

Now, i'm getting only the 83970 error:

exSBB.ErrorCode= 0
exSBB.Message=Signing failed (error 83970 )
exSBB.Source=SecureBlackbox.PDF
exSBB.StackTrace= em SBPDFSecurity.TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler.SignHashPKCS7(Byte[] Hash, Int32 StartIndex, Int32 Count, Boolean AsyncMode)
em SBPDFSecurity.TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler.SignHash(Byte[] Hash, Int32 StartIndex, Int32 Count)
em SBPDF.TElPDFDocument.InsertActualSignatureInformation(Boolean IncrementalUpdate)
em SBPDF.TElPDFDocument.Close(Boolean Save)
em DeskSignerUIPDF.Geral.AssinarPDF(String Caminho, String IDCertif, String Descricao, String CaminhoPFX, String SenhaPFX, String& CaminhoSaida, Boolean bTSPHabilitado) na E:\SourceSafeNovo\DeskSigner\DeskSignerUIPDF\INFRA\Geral.vb:linha 1845
exSBB.GetBaseException.Message=Signing failed (error 83970 )
exSBB.GetBaseException.StackTrace= em SBPDFSecurity.TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler.SignHashPKCS7(Byte[] Hash, Int32 StartIndex, Int32 Count, Boolean AsyncMode)
em SBPDFSecurity.TElPDFPublicKeySecurityHandler.SignHash(Byte[] Hash, Int32 StartIndex, Int32 Count)
em SBPDF.TElPDFDocument.InsertActualSignatureInformation(Boolean IncrementalUpdate)
em SBPDF.TElPDFDocument.Close(Boolean Save)
em DeskSignerUIPDF.Geral.AssinarPDF(String Caminho, String IDCertif, String Descricao, String CaminhoPFX, String SenhaPFX, String& CaminhoSaida, Boolean bTSPHabilitado) na E:\SourceSafeNovo\DeskSigner\DeskSignerUIPDF\INFRA\Geral.vb:linha 1845
exSBB.GetBaseException.Source=SecureBlackbox.PDF
Signing failed (error 83970 ) - SecureBlackbox.PDF - em DeskSignerUIPDF.Geral.AssinarPDF(String Caminho, String IDCertif, String Descricao, String CaminhoPFX, String SenhaPFX, String& CaminhoSaida, Boolean bTSPHabilitado) na E:\SourceSafeNovo\DeskSigner\DeskSignerUIPDF\INFRA\Geral.vb:linha 1934
em DeskSignerUIPDF.Assinar.btnassinar_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) na E:\SourceSafeNovo\DeskSigner\DeskSignerUIPDF\Assinar.vb:linha 1673
Posted: 04/04/2014 09:47:17
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The error code is TIMESTAMP_NO_REPLY. You need to find out what's different between your code and our sample.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/04/2014 10:00:50

I know that, Eugene. I'm just asking for a tip, because with others TSP Servers, my code works fine. It's just with this one.
I'm trying for days looks what's the difference. I told you what it's. You told me there's no related with the problem. Works one day, stop working in the other.
I would not asking here if it was a simple problem.
Posted: 04/04/2014 10:02:57

If the server behaves unexpectedly, what can *we* do? How in your opinion we can help?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/04/2014 10:17:14

Well, I expected a tip than I possibly be doing wrong, since the component that I bought is yours and supposedly you know him better than I do.

Obviously it's my fault. Forget about it.
Posted: 04/04/2014 10:26:29

Qualisoft CQPD wrote:
the component that I bought is yours and supposedly you know him better than I do.

This is not exactly so. You are connecting to third-party service which intermittently stops working. In this situation you need to contact the service provider to check with them, what's happening. It can be blocking of your IP due to overuse or something like that (some CAs have such restrictions).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/04/2014 10:32:17

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
This is not exactly so. You are connecting to third-party service which intermittently stops working.

In MY code. In your sample, always work, like i've told you before.
Nevermid. Like you said before, "maybe tomorrow".

Keep up with the great support.

Best regards.
Posted: 04/04/2014 10:40:03

Maybe I was confused by "conflicting signals". What if you just copy the related components from the sample together with all their initialization code? This will ensure that the components' properties are set in the correct way.

We just had a similar issue with another customer - his SFTP server required special method to be called which is always called in the sample but not in his code. He found the difference himself.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2879 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!