EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSL Client Key Exchange phase problem

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 03/31/2014 05:38:12
by Michal Kreidl (Standard support level)

I have a strange problem with SSL handshake. My client application periodically connects to the server with both server and client certificates. It always sends and receives a small amount of user data after successful connection and disconnects. There are still the same conditions and constant period (usually 60s but the problem doesn't depend on it). And sometime connection fails, irregularly, sometime once after 10 periods, sometime after 200 periods. And the next connection is successful again. I've taken some snapshots of the TCP communication and I've found this: The handshake always goes by the same way until Client Key Exchange phase. Sometime client sends only zeros in this packet. Server then stop the handshake. As the first I checked if the SecureClient OnSend event really gives this wrong data. And it does. I haven't any idea where to look for a bug.

Thank you very much for any help.

ActiveX SecureBlackBox SecureClient, tested on Windows Vista/7/2008 srv

Posted: 03/31/2014 05:42:26
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to Helpdesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 327 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!